By Alina Adams
Publisher: The Donohue Group, 2022
Genre: Historical Fiction/Historical Romance
Via: Blog Tour
Note: We received a complimentary copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
“Hope, my earthly compass
It’s luck, it’s a trophy for bravery…
We only need to learn how to wait
We must be calm and stubborn.”
Real estate lawyer and San Franciscan Lena Burns doesn’t understand why her mother is so aloof. Also:
- Why is Mama Regina so impassive and ambivalent?
- What happened in Regina Solomonova’s past, when she fled Moscow for a God-forsaken patch of ground in Eastern Russia called Birobidzhan, the world’s first Jewish Autonomous Region?
- Why does Mama Regina not trust herself to make good decisions?
- Did something happen to Regina before she married an American G.I. and left the USSR for San Francisco after World War II?
- Why did Mama Regina leave her homeland, and who did she leave behind?
- What did Lena’s father mean with his deathbed question: “You couldn’t’ tell, could you?”