Scrooge? The Grinch? George Bailey and Old Man Potter? A Virginia family awaiting their Daddy’s Christmas Eve homecoming during the Depression? What are the holidays without stories? What’s YOURS?
– Each submission must be your original work. Please include at the top of your submission (email only): 1) Your name; 2) A word count; 3) “Holiday Story Showcase” in the subject line, followed by your title.
– Length: between 300 and 1,500 words.
– Any genre. Stories may be inspirational, fiction, non-fiction, or humorous. Just make sure they’re G-rated. (I reserve the right to reject any submission, for any reason.)
– I’m looking for clean, uplifting, family-friendly stories that have been thoroughly proof-read.
– First-person narratives are preferred, but not mandatory.
– Stories can be on any winter holiday.
– You may submit more than one story.
– No remuneration, but you may include links to your web site and/or blog. Winner and runners-up will be shared in my next newsletter.
Submit here. Feel free to include appropriate photos.
And keep an eye out for my holiday-themed short story, Man in the Corner. More later!