Happy New Year and Welcome Back!
You may recall that back in November Mom and I decided to temporarily close the blog to new book review requests thru the end of 2021. One of us was just plumb tuckered out! (Hi, Mom.) We were also way behind in reviews due to the sheer volume of requests. Phew!
We’re gonna have to push the re-open date back to February 1, 2022.
In the meantime, we decided to start the new year off by offering some Author Spotlights. If you’re an author with a book that meets our Submission Guidelines and would like to promote it here, this is for you.
Here’s the 4-1-1:
As is the case with book reviews, we don’t guarantee or promise any author anything, spotlight or otherwise. If your request for a spotlight is accepted, we’ll let you know and proceed accordingly.
Please note that previously featured authors get first dibbs. If we’ve already read and featured your magnum opus here with a favorable review, you move to the head of the line. Authors in that category will be highlighted on a first come, first serve basis.
Ideas you might address include, but aren’t limited to:
- An article about one of your characters, such as who or what inspired their creation and why.
- A deep dive into the origins or history of one of the locations used for the book
- You can discuss your creative process, what inspired you to write the book or what you hope readers will take away from your book.
- Please keep in mind that we do not accept R-rated work. Period.
- If you have another topic or idea for a spotlight that you’re not sure about, please feel free to run it by us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Author Spotlight Submission.
If you’d like to do an Author/Book Spotlight, basic guidelines are as follows:
- Please keep the article around 850 words (more or less).
- Include your brief bio (up to 100 words).
- You may share 3-4 of social media links/pages.
- Please include the link to buy your book(s) on Amazon and/or your web site as applicable.
- Include your author pic, book cover, and a promotional image used for marketing the book if available.
- Please also include a Title for your post and 3-5 tags you typically use.
- Spotlights are uncompensated.
Authors who’ve been accepted for a Spotlight post are expected to share the post link on their social media channels when it goes live.
Where to Send
- Please email your post to email@example.com.
- Put “Author Spotlight Submission” in the subject line so we don’t miss it.
- Send the post as a word.doc and the pics as jpegs.
- If accepted, we’ll then set up the post for a specific date and let you know when it’ll go live on the blog.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us directly. (Including extra crispy bacon never hurts.)
Thanks very much for sharing your valuable time and talent with Pages and Paws!
New year photo credit: Public domain
January 2, 2022 at 3:04 pm
Happy New Year to you all!
January 2, 2022 at 7:20 pm