Her Grumpiness was cruising through the “14th Annual Goodreads Choice Awards” the other day. It says it’s “The only major book awards decided by readers.”
So. Not. Impressed. Here’s why (the short version):
Of the zillion books listed, we recognized exactly one title.
So we decided to take matters into our own paws. And launch our own reader’s choice awards. Decided by you, our splendiferous readers. It’s called the Pages and Paws Reader’s Choice Awards. (We’re so original, huh?)
We spent a lot of time – at least 20 minutes or so- culling out some of our favorite books of 2022. It wasn’t easy. But one of us was game. The sweet furry-faced one.
Now that we’ve done the hard work of narrowing down the list from a “cast of thousands,” it’s your turn! Here’s your chance to weigh in on books read and reviewed by Mom and her Beautiful and Brilliant Sidekick. (I’m not really a sidekick, ya know. I really run the whole show. Just don’t tell Mom, okay? Hate to burst her bubble).
If you’re a regular reader, all of the titles below should be at least semi-familiar. If you’re not, well, that’s what “Search” is for.
The Official Pages & Paws 2022 Reader’s Choice Awards
Bonus points if you cook us up a really nifty graphic for this prestigious award. Cuz one of us – I’ll not say who – is suffering from Fried Brainosaurus today. Or maybe that was yesterday? Or the day before? Or tomorrow? Or… Well. You know. Anyway, without further ado or Meow Mix-ing. Let us know what your favorite(s) are in the Comments!
And the Nominees Are… Drum Roll Please…
- Will You Love Me: How a Rescue Dog Rescued Me by Barby Keel
- My Mother’s Secret by Alina Adams
- The Secrets Left Behind by Antoinette Tyrrell
- DAWGS: A True Story of Lost Animals and the Kids Who Rescued Them by Diane Trull
- The Silver Gate by Kristin Bailey
- Reverence by Raena Rood
- When the Day Comes by Gabrielle Meyer
- Waterbury Winter by Linda Stewart Henley
- Home Waters: A Chronicle of Family and a River by John N. Maclean
- Among the Innocent by Mary Alford